Springbucks Gymnastics Club is committed to ensuring that those working with children and vulnerable adults adopt best practice to ensure the health, safety and welfare of the participants, coaches and officials. Any concerns about child welfare, inside or outside of the club, should be reported directly to Mark Middleton (Club Welfare Officer) on 07885 857014.
The club will endeavour to promote the highest standards of care for all members, coaches and officials by:
- Ensuring that there is no unauthorised photography and videoing during training and events. This includes the use of mobile phone cameras.
- Having a zero tolerance level of poor practice, bullying or any potential form of abuse.
- The adoption of the UK Gymnastics Health & Safety and Child Protection Policies
- The appointment of a Welfare Officer (Child Protection Officer) to whom grievances or complaints can be made confidentially.
- Ensuring that staff are suitably trained in Child Protection and Health, Safety and Welfare issues.
- Ensuring that coaches and officials have been screened to confirm their suitability to work with children. Where appropriate this will include Criminal Record Bureau/DBS disclosure.
- Ensuring that best coaching practice guidelines are followed at all times.
- Ensuring that grievances or complaints are dealt with promptly and in accordance with the grievance procedures.
- Ensuring that a minimum of two responsible adults is present at all training sessions or events.
- Any Child Welfare concerns will be treated with full confidentiality, with information only being passed on to the necessary people required to deal with the concern.
We also adhere to the UK Gymnastics Child Protection Policy – click here to download
BUCKS COUNTY COUNCIL CHILD PROTECTION ADVICE / CONTACT NUMBERS
If there is immediate risk of harm to a child, call the Police on 999
If you are concerned about a child in Buckinghamshire, it is important that you talk to someone about this. Don’t ignore your concerns or delay taking action.
- You can call Buckinghamshire County Council’s First Response Team on 01296 383962(out of hours: 0800 999 7677). They will listen to your concerns and decide on the appropriate course of action.
- You can contact the NSPCC on 0808 800 5000 (free service, lines open 24 hours a day). They will listen to your concerns, offer advice and support and can take action on your behalf if a child is in danger. You can also report concerns anonymously. For further information or to report your concerns online visit: nspcc.org.uk/what-you-can-do/report-abuse/
Concerns about staff working with children
If you have a concern about a member of staff working with children (in either a paid or voluntary capacity) please contact the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) on 01296 382070 or secure-LADO@buckscc.gcsx.gov.uk