Springbucks Gymnastics Club is committed to ensuring that those working with children and vulnerable adults adopt best practice to ensure the health, safety and welfare of the participants, coaches and officials. Any concerns about child welfare, inside or outside of the club, should be reported directly to Mark Middleton (Club Welfare Officer) on 07885 857014.
The club will endeavour to promote the highest standards of care for all members, coaches and officials by:
- Ensuring that there is no unauthorised photography and videoing during training and events. This includes the use of mobile phone cameras.
- Having a zero tolerance level of poor practice, bullying or any potential form of abuse.
- The adoption of the UK Gymnastics Health & Safety and Child Protection Policies
- The appointment of a Welfare Officer (Child Protection Officer) to whom grievances or complaints can be made confidentially.
- Ensuring that staff are suitably trained in Child Protection and Health, Safety and Welfare issues.
- Ensuring that coaches and officials have been screened to confirm their suitability to work with children. Where appropriate this will include Criminal Record Bureau/DBS disclosure.
- Ensuring that best coaching practice guidelines are followed at all times.
- Ensuring that grievances or complaints are dealt with promptly and in accordance with the grievance procedures.
- Ensuring that a minimum of two responsible adults is present at all training sessions or events.
- Any Child Welfare concerns will be treated with full confidentiality, with information only being passed on to the necessary people required to deal with the concern.
We also adhere to the UK Gymnastics Child Protection Policy – click here to download